The Pantanal Dental Exchange is a new project by PCER looking to provide a range of long term dental and oral public health services to the community in the northern Pantanal. The six point strategy of the Pantanal Dental Exchange is:
- Community assessment: to know and understand the oral health needs of the target population
- Inclusive participation
- Oral health education/instruction
- Primary prevention measures: fluoride agents
- Secondary prevention measures: dental screening for early detection and treatment.
- Routing the patients with severe (priority) needs (pain due to infection) to nearby health centers where they can receive proper treatment.